Spain names Davis Cup final squad
Madrid: The captain of the Spanish Davis Cup tennis team Alex Corretjia has named his four-man team for the final of the competition which Spain will play in the Czech Republic between Nov 16-18.
With Rafael Nadal still unavailable due to injury, Correjia has named a team consisting of David Ferrer, Nicolas Almagro, Marcel Granollers and Marc Lopez with Feliciano Lopez as a reserve, reports Xinhua.
Ferrer, who won the Paris Masters Series Sunday, will play singles along with Almagro, while Granollers and Lopez will form the doubles pairing.
The Spanish are aiming for their sixth David Cup title as the defending champions, after winning last year`s edition of the international team tournament.
The Spanish have won the Davis Cup in 2000, 2004, 2008, 2009 and 2011, winning six of the nine finals they have competed in.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre