Spain`s David Ferrer advances at Sony Open
Miami: Spain`s David Ferrer, the world No. 4, has defeated Italy`s Andreas Seppi 6-3, 6-2 to advance to the round of 16 at the Sony Open in Key Biscayne, Florida.
Ferrer, who skipped the Masters 1000 tournament in Indian Wells, California, due to injuries he sustained at the event in Acaculpo, did not get much resistance from the Italian Sunday.
Next up for the Spaniard is Japan`s Kei Nishikori, who upended rising Bulgarian star Grigor Dimitrov, the No. 15 seed, 7-6 (7-1), 7-5.
In other men`s action Sunday, defending champion Andy Murray of Great Britain beat Spain`s Feliciano López 6-4, 6-1, while Spain`s Tommy Robredo defeated France`s Julien Benneteau 6-3, 6-4.
Switzerland`s Roger Federer cruised past Thiemo de Bakker of The Netherlands 6-3, 6-3.
On the women`s side, Spain`s Carla Suarez Navarro beat Estonia`s Kaia Kanepi 6-2, 6-1, while China`s Li Na beat American Madison Keys 7-6 (7-3), 6-3.
Denmark`s Caroline Wozniacki rolled over American Sloane Stephens 6-1, 6-0.
The Sony Open is one of the biggest hard-court events on the ATP and WTA calendars.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Arvind Kejriwal takes U-turn on water promise, says BJP
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!