Spain`s David Ferrer advances at Sony Open
Miami: Spain`s David Ferrer, the world No. 4, has defeated Italy`s Andreas Seppi 6-3, 6-2 to advance to the round of 16 at the Sony Open in Key Biscayne, Florida.
Ferrer, who skipped the Masters 1000 tournament in Indian Wells, California, due to injuries he sustained at the event in Acaculpo, did not get much resistance from the Italian Sunday.
Next up for the Spaniard is Japan`s Kei Nishikori, who upended rising Bulgarian star Grigor Dimitrov, the No. 15 seed, 7-6 (7-1), 7-5.
In other men`s action Sunday, defending champion Andy Murray of Great Britain beat Spain`s Feliciano López 6-4, 6-1, while Spain`s Tommy Robredo defeated France`s Julien Benneteau 6-3, 6-4.
Switzerland`s Roger Federer cruised past Thiemo de Bakker of The Netherlands 6-3, 6-3.
On the women`s side, Spain`s Carla Suarez Navarro beat Estonia`s Kaia Kanepi 6-2, 6-1, while China`s Li Na beat American Madison Keys 7-6 (7-3), 6-3.
Denmark`s Caroline Wozniacki rolled over American Sloane Stephens 6-1, 6-0.
The Sony Open is one of the biggest hard-court events on the ATP and WTA calendars.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report