Steffi Graf says Serena will break her record of most Grand Slam titles in Open era
Washington: Former World No.1 and 22-time Grand Slam champion Steffi Graf has said that she believes there is no stopping for current World No.1 and Serena Williams and she could break the record for winning most Grand Slam titles in her career.
According to TennisWorldUSA.org, Steffi Graf holds the record for winning most Grand Slam titles in open era, whereas the overall record belongs to Margaret Court-Smith, who won 24 Grand Slam titles.
Graf thinks Serena will break both records, the report said.
The former champion said that Serena had a lot of tennis left in her and she can easily see her pass all of the records, adding that she does not see competition catching up to her.
Serena Williams currently sits at 5th spot in the list of most grand slam winners and she can tie and jump to 3rd place with Martina Navratilova and Chris Evert when she wins next Grand Slam, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress