Steffi Graf says Serena will break her record of most Grand Slam titles in Open era
Washington: Former World No.1 and 22-time Grand Slam champion Steffi Graf has said that she believes there is no stopping for current World No.1 and Serena Williams and she could break the record for winning most Grand Slam titles in her career.
According to TennisWorldUSA.org, Steffi Graf holds the record for winning most Grand Slam titles in open era, whereas the overall record belongs to Margaret Court-Smith, who won 24 Grand Slam titles.
Graf thinks Serena will break both records, the report said.
The former champion said that Serena had a lot of tennis left in her and she can easily see her pass all of the records, adding that she does not see competition catching up to her.
Serena Williams currently sits at 5th spot in the list of most grand slam winners and she can tie and jump to 3rd place with Martina Navratilova and Chris Evert when she wins next Grand Slam, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- Delhi: Dance instructor commits suicide after strangling suspected lover
- It was a joke: Irrfan on 'Kabali' poster comment
- Salman Khan's brand new 'Sultan' poster is brutal and adrenaline-pumping! – View pic
- Sensex rallies 216 points on 7th Pay Commission approval, GST hopes
- Euro 2016: Can Iceland emulate Leicester City's fairytale and go all the way?