Steffi Graf says Serena will break her record of most Grand Slam titles in Open era
Washington: Former World No.1 and 22-time Grand Slam champion Steffi Graf has said that she believes there is no stopping for current World No.1 and Serena Williams and she could break the record for winning most Grand Slam titles in her career.
According to TennisWorldUSA.org, Steffi Graf holds the record for winning most Grand Slam titles in open era, whereas the overall record belongs to Margaret Court-Smith, who won 24 Grand Slam titles.
Graf thinks Serena will break both records, the report said.
The former champion said that Serena had a lot of tennis left in her and she can easily see her pass all of the records, adding that she does not see competition catching up to her.
Serena Williams currently sits at 5th spot in the list of most grand slam winners and she can tie and jump to 3rd place with Martina Navratilova and Chris Evert when she wins next Grand Slam, the report added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!