Stomach Bug delays Nadal’s comeback as he pulls out of Abu Dhabi tournament
Madrid: Rafael Nadal`s return to competition was delayed by a stomach virus after he pulled out of an exhibition tournament.
The Spaniard was scheduled to play in an exhibition tournament in Abu Dhabi on Thursday after missing 7 months because of tendinitis in his left knee.
The Spaniard informed through his Facebook page that his doctors ordered him to pull out when he was running a fever, telling him his body needed rest.
"My rehab has gone well, my knee feels good and I was looking forward to competing," he said.
The 11-time Grand Slam champion hasn`t played since June, when he lost to 100th-ranked Lukas Rosol in the second round at Wimbledon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- DNA: Today in History, 18th February, 2017
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test