Stosur ‘still has three or four great years in her prime’, says Navratilova
New York: Czech-American tennis Tennis legend Martina Navratilova believes that Australian star Samantha Stosur’s dedication to fitness and lack of major injuries can keep her as a grand slam contender for another three to four years.
Stosur has been a late bloomer on the professional tour and Navratilova reckons that the 27-year-old’s body is a lot fresher than her own at the same age.
“Better late than never, she still has three or four great years in her prime where she can still do some damage,” Fox Sports quoted Navratilova, as saying.
“In terms of playing hard tennis, she does not have that much wear and tear on her body. Her body is young and is holding up really well,” she added.
Stosur became the first Australian woman to make the final four at the US Open in 27 years after a straight-sets quarterfinal win over World No.2 Vera Zvonareva.
She will now face unseeded Angelique Kerber in the semi-final.
If successful, she will come up against either World No.1 Caroline Wozniacki or Serena Williams in the final.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- If Bihar marches forward, then nation will also progress: PM Modi
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!