Stosur ‘still has three or four great years in her prime’, says Navratilova
New York: Czech-American tennis Tennis legend Martina Navratilova believes that Australian star Samantha Stosur’s dedication to fitness and lack of major injuries can keep her as a grand slam contender for another three to four years.
Stosur has been a late bloomer on the professional tour and Navratilova reckons that the 27-year-old’s body is a lot fresher than her own at the same age.
“Better late than never, she still has three or four great years in her prime where she can still do some damage,” Fox Sports quoted Navratilova, as saying.
“In terms of playing hard tennis, she does not have that much wear and tear on her body. Her body is young and is holding up really well,” she added.
Stosur became the first Australian woman to make the final four at the US Open in 27 years after a straight-sets quarterfinal win over World No.2 Vera Zvonareva.
She will now face unseeded Angelique Kerber in the semi-final.
If successful, she will come up against either World No.1 Caroline Wozniacki or Serena Williams in the final.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- DNA: How India became world's largest arms importer
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Shiv Sena leads in 94 seats, BJP ahead in 56; counting underway
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Results 2017 LIVE: Mumbai Congress chief Sanjay Nirupam offers resignation; Shiv Sena ahead in BMC polls
- Thane Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Counting underway; Shiv Sena leads the race