Svetlana Kuznetsova enters Portugal Open quarters
Lisbon: Russia’s Svetlana Kuznetsova has reached the quarterfinals of the Portugal Open tennis event beating Kazakhstan`s Galina Voskoboeva.
Kuznetsova, the world No.45, converted four of her 10 break point opportunities on her way to a smooth 6-4, 6-4 victory Wednesday on clay in the Lisbon suburb of Oeiras.
In the quarterfinals, the 27-year-old faces Switzerland’s Romina Oprandi, who breezed past Shuai Peng 6-1, 6-3.
Reigning Portual Open champion Kaia Kanepi of Estonia converted each of her four break points to demolish Romania`s Sorana Cirstea 6-1, 6-2 in just over an hour.
Kanepi faces either Japan’s Ayumi Morita or Urszula Radwanska of Poland in the quarterfinal.
The Portugal Open, formerly known as Estoril Open, holds a $235,000 purse.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened