Svetlana Kuznetsova enters Portugal Open quarters
Lisbon: Russia’s Svetlana Kuznetsova has reached the quarterfinals of the Portugal Open tennis event beating Kazakhstan`s Galina Voskoboeva.
Kuznetsova, the world No.45, converted four of her 10 break point opportunities on her way to a smooth 6-4, 6-4 victory Wednesday on clay in the Lisbon suburb of Oeiras.
In the quarterfinals, the 27-year-old faces Switzerland’s Romina Oprandi, who breezed past Shuai Peng 6-1, 6-3.
Reigning Portual Open champion Kaia Kanepi of Estonia converted each of her four break points to demolish Romania`s Sorana Cirstea 6-1, 6-2 in just over an hour.
Kanepi faces either Japan’s Ayumi Morita or Urszula Radwanska of Poland in the quarterfinal.
The Portugal Open, formerly known as Estoril Open, holds a $235,000 purse.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah