Svetlana Kuznetsova enters Portugal Open quarters
Lisbon: Russia’s Svetlana Kuznetsova has reached the quarterfinals of the Portugal Open tennis event beating Kazakhstan`s Galina Voskoboeva.
Kuznetsova, the world No.45, converted four of her 10 break point opportunities on her way to a smooth 6-4, 6-4 victory Wednesday on clay in the Lisbon suburb of Oeiras.
In the quarterfinals, the 27-year-old faces Switzerland’s Romina Oprandi, who breezed past Shuai Peng 6-1, 6-3.
Reigning Portual Open champion Kaia Kanepi of Estonia converted each of her four break points to demolish Romania`s Sorana Cirstea 6-1, 6-2 in just over an hour.
Kanepi faces either Japan’s Ayumi Morita or Urszula Radwanska of Poland in the quarterfinal.
The Portugal Open, formerly known as Estoril Open, holds a $235,000 purse.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- DNA: Analysing the derogatory remarks made by Chinese Newspaper on Indians
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption