New Delhi: In a replay of many a great tennis matches, Roger Federer defeated his greatest rival Rafael Nadal to claim the Swiss Indoors in Basel on Sunday.
The 34-year-old Swiss survived a stern test from Nadal, as the title match went all three sets, lasting little more than two hours inside the packed St. Jakobshalle. Federer won 6-3, 7-5, 6-3.
With the rise of Novak Djokovic and Stan Wawrinka, the Nadal-Federer has taken a back seat of late.
However, the two produced yet another memorable three-setter final on Sunday.
Here are six interesting facts from the latest instalment of high quality tennis dished out by these two great tennis warriors.
1) Roger Federer has now won seven Swiss Indoor titles.
2) It was Federer and Nadal's 21st meeting in a tournament final.
3) Federer has now won 88 career titles.
4) This was the first final in more than two years between the two.
5) It was the Swiss maestro's sixth title of the season.
6) Nadal now has a 23-11 head-to-head record against world number three Federer.