Tashkent ATP Challenger: Sharan-Raja lose in final
Tashkent: Second seed Indian pair of Purav Raja and Divij Sharan went down against the unseeded Russian duo of Mikhail Elgin and Teymuraz Gabashvili in the doubles final of the USD 125,000 Tashkent ATP Challenger, here on Saturday.
The duo of Sharan-Raja lost 4-6 4-6 in a contest that lasted one hour and eight minutes at the Olympic Tennis School Complex.
The Russians broke Sharan in the fifth game of the first set and Raja in the very first game of the second set.
The winners got USD 7,750 and 125 ATP points for their win, while the runners-up received USD 4,500 and 75 ATP points.
In the singles, third seed Dudi Sela of Israel upset top seed Lukas Lacko of Slovakia to set up a summit clash with sixth seed Russian Teymuraz Gabashvili.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Four minors gang-rape teenage girl in Mumbai, circulate video on WhatsApp
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview