Tashkent ATP Challenger: Sharan-Raja lose in final
Tashkent: Second seed Indian pair of Purav Raja and Divij Sharan went down against the unseeded Russian duo of Mikhail Elgin and Teymuraz Gabashvili in the doubles final of the USD 125,000 Tashkent ATP Challenger, here on Saturday.
The duo of Sharan-Raja lost 4-6 4-6 in a contest that lasted one hour and eight minutes at the Olympic Tennis School Complex.
The Russians broke Sharan in the fifth game of the first set and Raja in the very first game of the second set.
The winners got USD 7,750 and 125 ATP points for their win, while the runners-up received USD 4,500 and 75 ATP points.
In the singles, third seed Dudi Sela of Israel upset top seed Lukas Lacko of Slovakia to set up a summit clash with sixth seed Russian Teymuraz Gabashvili.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Seven of marriage party electrocuted in Telangana
- IS-linked cell in Morocco planned attack in Brussels
- NDRF says ‘fire out in 70% of affected areas’, Centre sends team to probe Uttarakhand forest fires
- Major shift in Modi govt’s stand on Hurriyat leaders as VK Singh says ‘they are citizens of India’?
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan legal spat: Sona Mohapatra slams Adhyayan Suman - Here's why