Tashkent ATP Challenger: Sharan-Raja lose in final
Tashkent: Second seed Indian pair of Purav Raja and Divij Sharan went down against the unseeded Russian duo of Mikhail Elgin and Teymuraz Gabashvili in the doubles final of the USD 125,000 Tashkent ATP Challenger, here on Saturday.
The duo of Sharan-Raja lost 4-6 4-6 in a contest that lasted one hour and eight minutes at the Olympic Tennis School Complex.
The Russians broke Sharan in the fifth game of the first set and Raja in the very first game of the second set.
The winners got USD 7,750 and 125 ATP points for their win, while the runners-up received USD 4,500 and 75 ATP points.
In the singles, third seed Dudi Sela of Israel upset top seed Lukas Lacko of Slovakia to set up a summit clash with sixth seed Russian Teymuraz Gabashvili.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested