Telangana CM announces Rs 1 crore grant to Sania Mirza
Hyderabad: Telangana Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao on Monday announced a grant of Rs 1 crore to tennis star Sania Mirza for her training and coaching.
"Chief Minister K Chandrashekar Rao has announced a grant of Rs 1 crore to tennis star Sania Mirza, who is number five in the world (in doubles ranking), towards training, coaching and to meet other expenses to attend the US Open and other tournaments.
"Chief Minister will present the cheque tomorrow," a release from Rao`s office said here.
Sania called on the Chief Minister here on Monday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nepal President to announce Oli government's policies on May 7
- Uttarakhand fire: TMC gives adjournment notice in LS
- S Korea warns of citizens' potential abduction by North
- Karan Johar’s Dharma production hints at first ever love franchise
- India's manufacturing sector growth falls to 4-month low in April