Tennis icon Navratilova released from hospital
Nairobi: Tennis legend Martina Navratilova was released from a Kenyan hospital three days after she aborted an attempt to ascend Tanzania`s Mount Kilimanjaro.
Navratilova was stretchered down the mountain Friday when she developed high-altitude pulmonary oedema as the team of climbers she was leading in the charity ascent reached 4,500 metres.
"I am feeling much better and really pleased to be going home," the 54-year-old said after her Sunday release from a Nairobi hospital.
The rest of the team reached the peak of the 5,895-metre mountain, Africa`s highest, on Saturday, sports charity Laureus said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Why so much hullabaloo over Aamir's statement, asks Nagma