Tennis icon Navratilova released from hospital
Nairobi: Tennis legend Martina Navratilova was released from a Kenyan hospital three days after she aborted an attempt to ascend Tanzania`s Mount Kilimanjaro.
Navratilova was stretchered down the mountain Friday when she developed high-altitude pulmonary oedema as the team of climbers she was leading in the charity ascent reached 4,500 metres.
"I am feeling much better and really pleased to be going home," the 54-year-old said after her Sunday release from a Nairobi hospital.
The rest of the team reached the peak of the 5,895-metre mountain, Africa`s highest, on Saturday, sports charity Laureus said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire