Tennis icon Navratilova released from hospital
Nairobi: Tennis legend Martina Navratilova was released from a Kenyan hospital three days after she aborted an attempt to ascend Tanzania`s Mount Kilimanjaro.
Navratilova was stretchered down the mountain Friday when she developed high-altitude pulmonary oedema as the team of climbers she was leading in the charity ascent reached 4,500 metres.
"I am feeling much better and really pleased to be going home," the 54-year-old said after her Sunday release from a Nairobi hospital.
The rest of the team reached the peak of the 5,895-metre mountain, Africa`s highest, on Saturday, sports charity Laureus said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened