Tennis icon Navratilova released from hospital
Nairobi: Tennis legend Martina Navratilova was released from a Kenyan hospital three days after she aborted an attempt to ascend Tanzania`s Mount Kilimanjaro.
Navratilova was stretchered down the mountain Friday when she developed high-altitude pulmonary oedema as the team of climbers she was leading in the charity ascent reached 4,500 metres.
"I am feeling much better and really pleased to be going home," the 54-year-old said after her Sunday release from a Nairobi hospital.
The rest of the team reached the peak of the 5,895-metre mountain, Africa`s highest, on Saturday, sports charity Laureus said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Flood situation remains grim in Bihar, eases in Madhya Pradesh
- Don't let India use your soil against us, Pakistan tells Afghanistan
- Congress rushes in defence of 'sidelined' AAP Punjab convener
- Bad time continues for banks; Kingfisher Airlines brands auction fails again
- Punjab seeks CBI probe in shooting of RSS leader