Tennis icon Navratilova released from hospital
Nairobi: Tennis legend Martina Navratilova was released from a Kenyan hospital three days after she aborted an attempt to ascend Tanzania`s Mount Kilimanjaro.
Navratilova was stretchered down the mountain Friday when she developed high-altitude pulmonary oedema as the team of climbers she was leading in the charity ascent reached 4,500 metres.
"I am feeling much better and really pleased to be going home," the 54-year-old said after her Sunday release from a Nairobi hospital.
The rest of the team reached the peak of the 5,895-metre mountain, Africa`s highest, on Saturday, sports charity Laureus said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Motorola Moto G4 goes on sale, buy it at Rs 12,499 on Amazon India
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic: Sweden's coach doubtful whether they will find another player like him
- Aryan Khan looks so Bollywood ready! Are filmmakers listening?
- Union Cabinet reshuffle? PM Modi seeks 'self appraisal' report from NDA govt ministers
- Rio Olympics: IOC denies wild card entry to Mary Kom for quadrennial event