Tennis legend Ilie Nastase says Murray `wasting time` looking for new coach
London: Romanian tennis legend Ilie Nastase has said that Wimbledon champion Andy Murray is wasting his time looking for a new coach as he does not need one.
Murray parted company with Ivan Lendl last month and has been linked with some high-profile names after revealing this week that he is stepping up his search for a replacement.
However, the Mirror reports that the former world No.1 said that he is not impressed by today`s best tennis players turning back the clock and hiring former stars to iron out their faults, adding that Murray knows how to play the game and just needs someone to trust him and practice with, instead of some big name.
The report mentioned that Murray`s appointment of Lendl was followed late last year by 17-time major champion Roger Federer recruiting former Swedish sensation Stefan Edberg while world No.2 Novak Djokovic has hired the services of Boris Becker.
However, Nastase, who was US Open champion in 1972, French Open winner the following year and beaten Wimbledon finalist in 1972 and 1976, said that Djokovic did well without Becker, adding that he may be using the tennis legend to boost his image.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation