Tennis player Tomic satisfied with new coach
Sydney: Australia`s leading tennis player Bernard Tomic is satisfied with his new coach Velimir Zovko of Croatia.
Tomic has appointed Zovko as his coach for the 2014 season while his father and coach John Tomic serves the remainder of a ban for assaulting his former training partner.
The 21-year-old Australian said Zovko arrived in Australia last week and he has started to gel well with his father.
"He is starting to get into a good bond with my dad and team," Tomic told Channel Seven`s Sunrise program Monday.
"It is still important to have my dad there, he is the one that brought me up and we spent a lot of time together," Tomic said.
"It is very difficult for me to let him go, he knows what is best for me and my tennis."
He said his new coach was going to take his role and help his father.
Tomic is preparing for a busy home summer of tennis, representing Australia in the Hopman Cup in Perth in late December, then defending his Sydney International title in the lead up to the Australian Open in January.
Tomic, who is currently ranked No. 51 in the world, hopes to break into the world`s top 20 in 2014.
"It is difficult to get into that group now, so maybe top 20 is a reasonable goal," he said.
Tomic said he still had some growing up to do to reach the top level.
"I am trying as best as I can and sometimes it comes out the wrong way, which is not good to see," he said.
"I have got to become a little bit wiser and I think mature a little bit more."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users