Tennis rebellion ends, all available for Indonesia DC tie
New Delhi: The five-week long tennis crisis ended on Saturday as all the 11 rebel players made themselves available for the tie against Indonesia, a day after AITA gave all the assurances with regard to Davis Cup playing conditions in writing.
"Yes, the players have written to AITA, making themselves available for the April tie against Indonesia," an AITA source said.
The players, led by Somdev Devvarman, had put forward a charter of demands before the national tennis federation ahead of the Chennai Open.
AITA yielded to most of the demands but the players refused to play the Korea tie since they did not get a few assurances in writing.
Yesterday, AITA gave all the assurances in black and white and expectedly the players ended the rebellion.
AITA agreed to increase players` share in Davis Cup prize money, change the support staff and consult them for choice of venue and surface.
The parent body also agreed to give the players business class airfare, a six-member squad for even away ties, and agreed to consult them for the appointment of team physiotherapist.
The next tie against Indonesia is scheduled for April 5-7 and is likely to be hosted by Karnataka Lawn Tennis Association in Bangalore.
The AITA had also formed a three-member committee to decide on a players agreement with regard to national duty in Davis Cup, Fed Cup, Asian Games and Olympics.
The committee will have its first meeting on February 22 and is expected to submit its final report within four months.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Osama files show an "Indian brother in Madinah” financed al Qaeda
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- SC asks Haryana Police to finish AIPMT paper leak probe