Tickets sale begin for Ind-NZ Davis Cup tie
Chandigarh: Chandigarh Lawn Tennis Association has roped in State Bank of Patiala as the official ticketing partner for the upcoming Davis Cup tie between India and New Zealand here.
The sale of tickets for the Asia/Oceania Group I relegation play-off tie, to be played from September 14-16, has begun at 16 branches of the bank as Davis Cup returns to Chandigarh after a gap of 19 years.
"We are making all arrangements for the smooth conduct of the prestigious Davis Cup tie. An attraction for tennis enthusiasts from the region would be to see Sanam in action on the very courts that he grew up on," Rajan Kashyap, Chief Patron of the CLTA, said in a release.
The tickets are available in the denominations of Rs 100, Rs 200, Rs 500 and Rs 1000. The Rs 100 tickets are for students and the remaining fall in the general categories.
For those who want to view matches on all the three days, `season tickets` are available at Rs 200 for students and at Rs 500, Rs 1000 and Rs 2000 for general categories.
In a bid to popularise the game among youngsters, the organising committee has reserved 50 per cent of sitting space for students of schools and colleges.
The CLTA stadium has a capacity to accommodate 4500 spectators.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- Swachh Bharat mission fails March 2016 urban-trash targets
- Land reforms fail, 5% of India’s farmers control 32 percent land
- Five indicators of India's looming demographic disaster
- 13 Indians died in Pakistan jails since 2013, India calls for thorough investigation
- 'Invisible hand' behind inaction of CBI, ED in AgustaWestland probe, says Manohar Parrikar in Rajya Sabha