Tipsarevic beats Baghdatis to win Malaysian Open
Kuala Lumpur: Serbia`s Janko Tipsarevic defeated Marcos Baghdatis of Cyprus 6-4, 7-5 on Sunday to win the Malaysian Open and capture his first ATP World Tour title.
The 27-year-old had been the only top-20 player without an ATP title after finishing runner-up in four previous finals.
The No. 3 seed clawed his way back into the match after trailing 0-3 to Baghdatis in the first set to win in 2 hours, 6 minutes.
Tipsarevic ended a fine run by Baghdatis, a wild card entry who ousted three of the Malaysian Open`s top-six seeds. Baghdatis, a former top-10 player, had been trying to revive his flagging season after starting the year ranked No. 20 but since falling 40 spots.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey