Tipsarevic beats Baghdatis to win Malaysian Open
Kuala Lumpur: Serbia`s Janko Tipsarevic defeated Marcos Baghdatis of Cyprus 6-4, 7-5 on Sunday to win the Malaysian Open and capture his first ATP World Tour title.
The 27-year-old had been the only top-20 player without an ATP title after finishing runner-up in four previous finals.
The No. 3 seed clawed his way back into the match after trailing 0-3 to Baghdatis in the first set to win in 2 hours, 6 minutes.
Tipsarevic ended a fine run by Baghdatis, a wild card entry who ousted three of the Malaysian Open`s top-six seeds. Baghdatis, a former top-10 player, had been trying to revive his flagging season after starting the year ranked No. 20 but since falling 40 spots.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video