Tomas Berdych downs Dolgopolov to reach Miami semis
Miami: Czech seventh seed Tomas Berdych eased into the semi-finals of the Sony Open for the third time on Thursday, taming Ukraine`s Alexandr Dolgopolov 6-4 7-6 (7-3).
Berdych quietly worked his way into the last four without dropping a set in Miami, where he awaits the winner Thursday`s later match between world number one Rafa Nadal and big-hitting Canadian Milos Raonic.
The match was briefly halted by rain with the score tied 4-4 in the opening set, but when the players returned to an overcast centre court Berdych took control, holding serve and breaking the 22nd seed to grab the 1-0 lead.
Dolgopolov hit back with an early break in the second on way to a 5-3 lead but Berdych broke the Ukrainian at 5-5 to help force a tiebreak which he easily won to register his 450th career match win.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zakir Naik's 'IRF' converted many to Islam?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Chinese demolitions at Buddhist institute draw fire
- Narsingh Yadav missing Rio Olympics will mean India losing a medal: WFI President
- 7th Pay Commission Notification: Know all about revised pay rules
- Life terms for 9 Filipinos over 2013 Malaysia incursion
- Kerry warns North Korea of `real consequences` for weapons programme