Tomic, Hewitt advance to second round of China Open
Beijing: Australian tennis players Bernard Tomic and Lleyton Hewitt progressed into the second round of the China Open with straight sets win over their opponents.
Tomic, 20, advanced with a hard-fought straight-sets 7-6 (7-4), 6-4 victory over Zhang Ze, China`s world number 193 in the first match of the ATP tournament here Monday, while veteran Hewitt also reached the second round with a 7-6 (8-6), 6-3 win over German seventh seed Tommy Haas.
Tomic will face fifth-seeded Frenchman Richard Gasquet or German Florian Mayer in the next round and Hewitt will meet Italy`s Fabio Fongnini in the quarterfinals of the tournament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Armed squad kills 11 people in Venezuela: Official
- Khalistan terror camp running in Canada to attack Punjab; Justin Trudeau govt alerted
- Barack Obama could be Hillary's secret weapon in rallying Democratic support: Report
- Man arrested for trying to sell stolen car on e-commerce site
- Shocking! In Madhya Pradesh, child dies after given nitrous oxide instead of oxygen