Tomic, Hewitt advance to second round of China Open
Beijing: Australian tennis players Bernard Tomic and Lleyton Hewitt progressed into the second round of the China Open with straight sets win over their opponents.
Tomic, 20, advanced with a hard-fought straight-sets 7-6 (7-4), 6-4 victory over Zhang Ze, China`s world number 193 in the first match of the ATP tournament here Monday, while veteran Hewitt also reached the second round with a 7-6 (8-6), 6-3 win over German seventh seed Tommy Haas.
Tomic will face fifth-seeded Frenchman Richard Gasquet or German Florian Mayer in the next round and Hewitt will meet Italy`s Fabio Fongnini in the quarterfinals of the tournament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!