Tomic, Hewitt advance to second round of China Open
Beijing: Australian tennis players Bernard Tomic and Lleyton Hewitt progressed into the second round of the China Open with straight sets win over their opponents.
Tomic, 20, advanced with a hard-fought straight-sets 7-6 (7-4), 6-4 victory over Zhang Ze, China`s world number 193 in the first match of the ATP tournament here Monday, while veteran Hewitt also reached the second round with a 7-6 (8-6), 6-3 win over German seventh seed Tommy Haas.
Tomic will face fifth-seeded Frenchman Richard Gasquet or German Florian Mayer in the next round and Hewitt will meet Italy`s Fabio Fongnini in the quarterfinals of the tournament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Soldier buried under Siachen avalanche snow rescued after six days
- DNA: Analysis on India's naval prowess at International Fleet Review
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- PM Modi praises Ekal Vidyalaya Foundation, deems mission successful
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'