Tomic, Matosevic crash out of Thailand Open
Bangkok: Australian tennis players Bernard Tomic and Marinko Matosevic have both lost their second round matches at the Thailand Open here.
Frenchman Gilles Simon claimed his 300th match win as he defeated Tomic 6-4, 7-5 Thursday to reach the quarterfinals of the ATP World Tour event while Matosevic lost to Canada`s third seed Milos Raonic 6-7, 6-4, 4-6.
The Canadian fought hard for more than two-and-a-half hours to overcome Matosevic, firing 21 aces on his way to victory. In the final set, Matosevic saved a slew of break points before Raonic finally broke to finish the match.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- 'Raped woman' remark: Finally, Salman Khan speaks to media - Here's what he said
- 'Unguided missile Subramanian Swamy has backfired at BJP'
- Applications of Pak, India for NSG membership cannot be considered in isolation: Pakistan Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- US election is about more than beating Donald Trump: Senator Bernie Sanders
- Sterling, stocks skid as Brexit result agonisingly close