Unchanged Indian team for Davis Cup tie against Korea
New Delhi: Top singles player Somdev Devvarman will lead India`s challenge in the away Davis Cup tie against Korea next month as the AITA national selection committee today named an unchanged side.
The four-member team, which pipped Chinese Taipei 5-0 in the first round, has been retained. Yuki Bhambri, Rohan Bopanna and Saketh Myneni are the other members of the team.
Anand Amritraj and Zeeshan Ali are the captain and the coach of the team respectively.
The winner of the Asia/Oceania Group I second round tie, to be held in Busan from April 4-6, will qualify for the World Group play-offs to be played in September.
India lost to Korea 1-4 last year in New Delhi when top players of the country, sans Leander Paes, boycotted the tie.
In nine meetings between the two teams, Korea have emerged winners six times.
Selection Committee chairman Anil Dhupar said they will name reserve players soon.
Jeevan Nedunchezhiyan and Sanam Singh were reserve players in the previous tie in Indore, where young Ramkumar Ramanathan was called as a special invitee.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report