US beat France in Hopman Cup
Canberra: Venus Williams led the US to a thrilling 2-1 win over France in the mixed teams Hopman Cup tennis event 2013 here at the Perth Arena, keeping their unbeaten record intact.
France though took the lead thanks Jo-Wilfried Tsonga`s 6-3, 6-2 victory over John Isner in the men`s singles.
Williams had to battle hard against Mathilde Johansson in the women`s singles to square the score 1-1. She came back from a set down to beat the French woman 3-6, 7-5, 6-4.
Williams and Isner then joined hands and overcame Johansson and Tsonga in the mixed doubles to give the US the win. Williams/Isner beat Johansson/Tsonga 6-7 (5-7), 6-2, 10-8 (match tiebreak).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- WATCH: Roger Federer mesmerizes centre court crowd with a 'tweener lob'
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions