US beat France in Hopman Cup
Canberra: Venus Williams led the US to a thrilling 2-1 win over France in the mixed teams Hopman Cup tennis event 2013 here at the Perth Arena, keeping their unbeaten record intact.
France though took the lead thanks Jo-Wilfried Tsonga`s 6-3, 6-2 victory over John Isner in the men`s singles.
Williams had to battle hard against Mathilde Johansson in the women`s singles to square the score 1-1. She came back from a set down to beat the French woman 3-6, 7-5, 6-4.
Williams and Isner then joined hands and overcame Johansson and Tsonga in the mixed doubles to give the US the win. Williams/Isner beat Johansson/Tsonga 6-7 (5-7), 6-2, 10-8 (match tiebreak).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- India Red vs India Green: Bowlers dominate first day of Duleep Trophy tie
- Hillary Clinton holds lead over Donald Trump, but trails him among white voters: poll
- Sensitive data on India's Scorpene submarines leaked
- Second US service member killed in Afghanistan in 2016
- 8 out of 10 French do not want Nicolas Sarkozy back