It's not Sugarpova for Maria Sharapova !
London: Russian tennis star Maria Sharapova has decided not to officially change her name to `Sugarpova` for the US Open despite giving the move a serious consideration, according to the tennis star`s agent.
According to metro.co.uk, the four-time grand slam champion had asked Florida`s Supreme Court to consider a request to change her name to the name of her candy company on the understanding it would revert back to normal after the tournament.
Sharapova`s agent Max Eisenbud said that they had ultimately decided against it, adding that the tennis star had pushed her team to do fun, out-of-the-box-type things to get the word out about Sugarpova.
He said that in Miami, a glass truck was going to be filled full of candy and then driven around town.
Sugarpova was initiated last year and in its first year sold close to two million bags around the world, the report said.
Sharapova, 26, collected an estimated 18.5 million pounds from June 2012 to June this year, which saw her top a Forbes Magazine list of the world`s highest paid female athletes, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- Manufacturing growth to be higher in Q2 on better export outlook: Survey
- Assocham for penalty waiver in initial phase of GST rollout
- Roberto Martinez announced Thierry Henry as assistant coach for Belgium
- Olympic Dreams: Rickshaw driver buys shooter daughter rifle worth 5 lakh that was saved for her wedding
- Sonam Kapoor to campaign against malnutrition