Sania-Cara to open US Open campaign against Karolina-Kristyna
New York: India`s Sania Mirza and her Zimbabwean partner Cara Black were on Sunday seeded third in the womne`s doubles event of the US Open and they will open their campaign against Czech pair of Karolina Pliskova and Kristyna Pliskova.
In the men`s doubles event India will be represented by veteran Leander Paes and Davis Cupper Rohan Bopanna.
Paes and his Czech partner Radek Stepanek, the defending champions, have been seeded sixth and they face Italian combo of Simone Bolelli and Fabio Fognini in their first round.
Bopanna and his Pakistani partner Aisam-Ul-Haq Qureshi are seeded 13th and they have been pitted against Italian team of Daniele Bracciali and Andreas Seppi.
Bopanna and Qureshi had their most successful campaign at the Grand Slam at the US Open in 2010, when they lost to legendary Brayn Bothers, Bob and Mike in the summit clash. No Indian is competing in the men`s singles as Somdev crashed out in the first round of the qualifying event while Yuki Bhambri and Sanam Singh fell in the second round.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price