US Open: Bryan brothers defeat Leander Paes-Radek Stepanek in final
Zeenews Sports Bureau
New York: Bob and Mike Bryan defeated Leander Paes and his Czech partner Radek Stepanek in straight sets at the US Open men`s doubles final on Friday.
It was the fourth US Open title for the second seeded Bryan brothers who defeated the fifth-seeded Paes and Stepanek 6-3, 6-4.
Notably Paes-Stepanek and Bryan brothers had also clashed at the Australian Open final earlier this year where the Indo-Czech pair won 7-6, 6-2.
This victory is the 12th Grand Slam triumph for the Bryan brothers who are now tied with Australians John Newcombe and Tony Roche as the most successful doubles combination in the Grand Slams.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Summer Olympics: Boxer Laishram Devendro out of contention for Rio berth
- 'Only 15% water left in major reservoirs in India; west, south worst hit'
- Amarnath Yatra: J&K DGP reviews security arrangements
- Eoin Morgan picks Anil Kumble and MS Dhoni in All-time XI, no place for Sachin Tendulkar
- Dominika Cibulkova stuns Agniezka Radwanska, enters Eastbourne final