New Delhi: Serena Williams crushed compatriot Madison Keys 6-3, 6-3 on Monday to set up a quarter-final date with sister Venus at the last major of the year.
As this famous sibling rivalry once again takes center stage, we have come up with five amazing facts one should know ahead of their much-awaited duel.
1. Serena owns a 15-11 edge over Venus, most recently winning in the fourth round at Wimbledon in July.
2. Venus reached the quarter-finals of US Open for the first time since 2010, as she had lost in the third round or earlier in each of the past four years.
3. Together, the Williams sisters have now won 150 US Open matches.
4. Venus Williams, 35, is making a record 17th appearance at the US Open.
5. From the US Open in 2001 to Wimbledon in 2003, Serena and Venus have participated in six all-in-the-family Grand Slam finals.