New Delhi: The top ranked tennis players Novak Djokovic and Roger Federer are set for the epic battle in the US Open men's final at Flushing Medows on Monday. Both have played top class tennis to reach the final of the last major of the year.
As the tennis world is waiting for the blockbuster final, here are the five amazing facts you should know before the two superstars of the sport will face each other to take their rivalry to a next level.
1. The duo will face each other in a Grad Slam for the record 14th time, more than any other pair of men's tennis in Open era.
2. In a Major final, the Swiss and the Serb will lock horns against each other for the fourth time. Federer came out triumphant in the 2007 US Open, while, Djokovic won at Wimbledon each of the past two years.
3. When it comes to overall head-to-head matches between the two, Federer has a slight upper hand with the scoreline of with 21-20.
4. This would be Djokovic's sixth US Open final. On last five occasions the the 28-year-old, only managed to won the title just once in 2011. On the other hand, Federer is a five-time US Open champion. However, it will be his first final at Flushing Meadows since 2009.
5. The Swiss has record 17 Grand Slam titles under his belt, whereas, the Serb has won nine Majors, which combined for 26 Major trophies.