Vanshika scores upset win over Simran
New Delhi: Vanshika Sawhney overcame a sluggish start to shock top seed Simran Kaur Sethi to breeze into the semifinals of the junior women ITF tournament at DLTA Complex, here on thursday.
Vanshika erased a one-set deficit to pip Simran, India`s number three junior player, 1-6 6-3 6-3 in the quarterfinals.
Vanshika will now clash with seventh seed compatriot Kamran Kaur Thandi, who ousted Egyptian fourth seed Nermeen Shawky 6-2 6-3.
In the other quarter-finals, fifth seed and wild card Vasanti Shinde Egypt`s third seed Habiba Lasheen 6-4 6-1 to set up semifinal with Dhruti T Venugopal, who sent packing Uzbek sixth seed Servinoz Saidhujaeva 6-0 6-3.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nawaz Sharif's dream of making Kashmir a terror hell will never come true, says Sushma Swaraj
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley