Vanshika scores upset win over Simran
New Delhi: Vanshika Sawhney overcame a sluggish start to shock top seed Simran Kaur Sethi to breeze into the semifinals of the junior women ITF tournament at DLTA Complex, here on thursday.
Vanshika erased a one-set deficit to pip Simran, India`s number three junior player, 1-6 6-3 6-3 in the quarterfinals.
Vanshika will now clash with seventh seed compatriot Kamran Kaur Thandi, who ousted Egyptian fourth seed Nermeen Shawky 6-2 6-3.
In the other quarter-finals, fifth seed and wild card Vasanti Shinde Egypt`s third seed Habiba Lasheen 6-4 6-1 to set up semifinal with Dhruti T Venugopal, who sent packing Uzbek sixth seed Servinoz Saidhujaeva 6-0 6-3.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- EPL 2016-17: Gameweek 3 — City go top with win over Hammers
- Glowing distant stars become Hubble's latest subject! - See pic
- PM Modi reaches out to people of Kashmir Valley, talks of 'unity and compassion', slams those fomenting trouble
- Clothes that repair their own rips? Study swears on new coatings!
- BCCI exempts Chennai Super Kings, Rajasthan Royals from paying annual IPL franchise fee: Report