Vanshika scores upset win over Simran
New Delhi: Vanshika Sawhney overcame a sluggish start to shock top seed Simran Kaur Sethi to breeze into the semifinals of the junior women ITF tournament at DLTA Complex, here on thursday.
Vanshika erased a one-set deficit to pip Simran, India`s number three junior player, 1-6 6-3 6-3 in the quarterfinals.
Vanshika will now clash with seventh seed compatriot Kamran Kaur Thandi, who ousted Egyptian fourth seed Nermeen Shawky 6-2 6-3.
In the other quarter-finals, fifth seed and wild card Vasanti Shinde Egypt`s third seed Habiba Lasheen 6-4 6-1 to set up semifinal with Dhruti T Venugopal, who sent packing Uzbek sixth seed Servinoz Saidhujaeva 6-0 6-3.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Khalistan terror camp running in Canada to attack Punjab; Justin Trudeau govt alerted
- Barack Obama could be Hillary's secret weapon in rallying Democratic support: Report
- Man arrested for trying to sell stolen car on e-commerce site
- Shocking! In Madhya Pradesh, child dies after given nitrous oxide instead of oxygen
- Hot alert! Katrina Kaif oozes sex appeal on the cover of Vogue India – See Pic