Vanshika scores upset win over Simran
New Delhi: Vanshika Sawhney overcame a sluggish start to shock top seed Simran Kaur Sethi to breeze into the semifinals of the junior women ITF tournament at DLTA Complex, here on thursday.
Vanshika erased a one-set deficit to pip Simran, India`s number three junior player, 1-6 6-3 6-3 in the quarterfinals.
Vanshika will now clash with seventh seed compatriot Kamran Kaur Thandi, who ousted Egyptian fourth seed Nermeen Shawky 6-2 6-3.
In the other quarter-finals, fifth seed and wild card Vasanti Shinde Egypt`s third seed Habiba Lasheen 6-4 6-1 to set up semifinal with Dhruti T Venugopal, who sent packing Uzbek sixth seed Servinoz Saidhujaeva 6-0 6-3.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you