Venus Williams pulls out of Miami Masters after back injury
Washington: Seven-time Grand Slam champion Venus Williams` hopes of landing a fourth Miami Masters title crumbled to dust after the U.S. star was forced to withdraw from the tournament after complaining of a lower back injury.
It is the latest setback for Williams, who pulled out ahead of her third round clash with fellow American Sloane Stephens on Saturday, after battling successfully in 2011 with Sjogren`s syndrome, an auto-immune disease which causes fatigue.
Currently ranked 18th in the world, Williams said that she had hoped to shake off the problem following her win over Japan`s Kimiko Date-Krum, adding that although she started experiencing pain, she did not expect to withdraw from the tournament at all.
Expressing her disappointment as she wanted to play well in this tournament, Williams, however, said that she has faced disappointments before in her life and career and added that she will just have to go through with the problem and stay positive.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi
- Ahead of 'Kashmir Solidarity Day', Hafiz Saeed's JuD releases controversial video featuring Pakistani Army chief