Venus Williams ready to start season `positively` in Auckland WTA tournament
Johannesburg, Dec 28 (ANI) American tennis ace Venus Williams has said that she is fit and healthy as she has been in the past ahead of the Auckland WTA tournament from Monday, where she will start her season.
Williams also said that she feels that she is coming into the season as fit and healthy as she has in many years, and has a positive outlook, adding that her goal is to be like her sister Serena.
According to Sport24, the seven-time Grand Slam winner, who won her last final in Luxembourg in October 2012, said that her aim was to reach the Auckland final for which she has been working hard in the off-season.
Williams further said that she dreamed that she had a win and when she woke up she realised that she had not even played a round, adding that she hopes to go round by round and at least get to the finals in Auckland.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster