Venus Williams ready to start season `positively` in Auckland WTA tournament
Johannesburg, Dec 28 (ANI) American tennis ace Venus Williams has said that she is fit and healthy as she has been in the past ahead of the Auckland WTA tournament from Monday, where she will start her season.
Williams also said that she feels that she is coming into the season as fit and healthy as she has in many years, and has a positive outlook, adding that her goal is to be like her sister Serena.
According to Sport24, the seven-time Grand Slam winner, who won her last final in Luxembourg in October 2012, said that her aim was to reach the Auckland final for which she has been working hard in the off-season.
Williams further said that she dreamed that she had a win and when she woke up she realised that she had not even played a round, adding that she hopes to go round by round and at least get to the finals in Auckland.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Awkward! Watch Aditi Rao Hydari speaks about Farhan Akhtar’s divorce!
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni: I allow bowlers to set the field in T20 cricket