Venus Williams ready to start season `positively` in Auckland WTA tournament
Johannesburg, Dec 28 (ANI) American tennis ace Venus Williams has said that she is fit and healthy as she has been in the past ahead of the Auckland WTA tournament from Monday, where she will start her season.
Williams also said that she feels that she is coming into the season as fit and healthy as she has in many years, and has a positive outlook, adding that her goal is to be like her sister Serena.
According to Sport24, the seven-time Grand Slam winner, who won her last final in Luxembourg in October 2012, said that her aim was to reach the Auckland final for which she has been working hard in the off-season.
Williams further said that she dreamed that she had a win and when she woke up she realised that she had not even played a round, adding that she hopes to go round by round and at least get to the finals in Auckland.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Rohit Shetty's 'Ram Lakhan' remake not happening anymore? Here's what we know so far!
- Gionee S6s smartphone for selfie lovers to be launched in India today
- Rio Olympics 2016: Sakshi Malik, PV Sindhu shine for India; USA top tally with 121 medals
- US Republican voters not happy with Donald Trump as presidential nominee: Poll
- Renault Kwid 1.0-litre to be launched in India today