Victoria Azarenka advances to round 4 at Indian Wells
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Indian Wells: Australian Open champion Victoria Azarenka came from a set behind to beat Kirsten Flipkens to advance to the fourth round of the BNP Paribas Open on Monday.
The 23-year-old Belarusian won 3-6, 6-3, 6-0 and later praised her opponent for her ‘incredible’ play.
"Kirsten showed some incredible tennis and I did not play very well in the beginning," Azarenka was quoted as saying in media reports after the match.
"I wasn`t feeling very well today ... I just wanted to go to sleep instead of playing tennis. I couldn`t breathe, and I was too stupid ... to use a tissue,” she said.
Azarenka is the current champion of the event and will be looking to repeat the feat that was last achieved in 1991 by Martina Navratilova by defending her crown.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- IIFA 2016: Why should Oscars become benchmark to celebrate Indian cinema, asks Anupam Kher
- US floods: 24 dead in West Virginia; search and rescue continues
- Pampore terror attack: PM Narendra Modi pained by demise of CRPF jawans, salutes their courage
- PM Narendra Modi to share his thoughts in 21st edition of 'Mann Ki Baat' today
- IIFA Awards 2016: Here is the list of winners