Victoria Azarenka advances to round 4 at Indian Wells
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Indian Wells: Australian Open champion Victoria Azarenka came from a set behind to beat Kirsten Flipkens to advance to the fourth round of the BNP Paribas Open on Monday.
The 23-year-old Belarusian won 3-6, 6-3, 6-0 and later praised her opponent for her ‘incredible’ play.
"Kirsten showed some incredible tennis and I did not play very well in the beginning," Azarenka was quoted as saying in media reports after the match.
"I wasn`t feeling very well today ... I just wanted to go to sleep instead of playing tennis. I couldn`t breathe, and I was too stupid ... to use a tissue,” she said.
Azarenka is the current champion of the event and will be looking to repeat the feat that was last achieved in 1991 by Martina Navratilova by defending her crown.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Modi govt 'promoting Brahmanism' in the name of 'Hindu Rashtravad': Arundhati Roy
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram