Victoria Azarenka advances to round 4 at Indian Wells
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Indian Wells: Australian Open champion Victoria Azarenka came from a set behind to beat Kirsten Flipkens to advance to the fourth round of the BNP Paribas Open on Monday.
The 23-year-old Belarusian won 3-6, 6-3, 6-0 and later praised her opponent for her ‘incredible’ play.
"Kirsten showed some incredible tennis and I did not play very well in the beginning," Azarenka was quoted as saying in media reports after the match.
"I wasn`t feeling very well today ... I just wanted to go to sleep instead of playing tennis. I couldn`t breathe, and I was too stupid ... to use a tissue,” she said.
Azarenka is the current champion of the event and will be looking to repeat the feat that was last achieved in 1991 by Martina Navratilova by defending her crown.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit!
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"