Victoria Azarenka advances to round 4 at Indian Wells
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Indian Wells: Australian Open champion Victoria Azarenka came from a set behind to beat Kirsten Flipkens to advance to the fourth round of the BNP Paribas Open on Monday.
The 23-year-old Belarusian won 3-6, 6-3, 6-0 and later praised her opponent for her ‘incredible’ play.
"Kirsten showed some incredible tennis and I did not play very well in the beginning," Azarenka was quoted as saying in media reports after the match.
"I wasn`t feeling very well today ... I just wanted to go to sleep instead of playing tennis. I couldn`t breathe, and I was too stupid ... to use a tissue,” she said.
Azarenka is the current champion of the event and will be looking to repeat the feat that was last achieved in 1991 by Martina Navratilova by defending her crown.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends