Victory for Paes on 40th birthday
Eastbourne (Britain): Indian tennis legend Leander Paes celebrated his 40th birthday with a victory in first round of the men`s doubles event at the Aegon International here.
Seeded third, Paes and his Czech partner Radek Stepanek advanced to the quarterfinals after posting a 5-7 7-6(5) 10-6 win in one hour and 35 minutes over Croat-Brazilian duo of Ivan Dodig and Marcelo Melo on the grass courts of Devonshire Park last night.
After losing the close first set, the Indo-Czech pairing fought back to win the second in the tiebreaker and dominated the super tiebreak to make the last-eight clash.
The third seeds converted three of the five break points they got in the match.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- SC rejects review petition of Telangana for division of assets
- VIDEO! Lionel Messi wins UEFA 'Goal of the Season' award for scoring this beauty
- Katrina Kaif, Sidharth Malhotra's mushy love in 'Baar Baar Dekho' new still is just so aww!
- Bodo outfits to restart statehood movement on August 30
- 92 paise insurance premium for train travellers from August 31