Visa problem is reason for me not coming to Chennai: Hasse
Chennai: The organisers of the Chennai Open have said that Robin Haase has withdrawn from the event due to an injury but the Dutch player today tweeted that he could not make the tournament due to visa problems.
According to a release from the organisers, Frederico Gil of Portugal will replace Haase in the main draw of Chennai Open after the Dutch sixth seed was ruled out of the tournament due to an injury.
Gil, ranked 102 in the world, had lost in the opening round to Czech Tomas Berdych in the previous edition, the release said.
However, Haase has tweeted "By the way, I am not going to Chennai this year. Had to withdraw. If someone wants to know why, one word: Visa......"
The 17th edition of the will see in action an impressive line-up of Indian and global players including world No. 9 Janko Tipsarevic and world No. 10 Nicolas Almagro, defending champion Stanislas Wawrinka and former champion Xavier Malisse.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Peter Mukerjea knew Sheena was Indrani's daughter: Report
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them