Vishnu, Saketh enter semifinals of National Tennis C`ship
New Delhi: Vishnu Vardhan and Saketh Myneni stormed into the semi-finals of men`s singles event of the Fenesta National tennis championship here at the DLTA stadium.
The athletic and sturdy Vishnu had an easy outing as he outplayed S V Abhishek 6-2, 6-3 in the quarter-finals. He hardly made any unforced errors.
Myneni, the Andhra boy, played a solid game to down Vijay Prashanth 6-3, 6-1.
Meanwhile, Delhi teenager Yuki Bhambri also did not have to stretch himself as he outsmart Ankit Sachdeva 6-1, 6-3.
In the women`s section, Isha Lakhani once again showed that her hunger for success is not yet over. Up against the seasoned Sheetal Goutham, Isha came from a set down to register 4-6, 6-2, 6- 3 victory.
"It has been an exciting run for me. I am enjoying this run," said Isha.
Rushmi Chakravarthy, 34, who has been part of the national circuit for almost two decades now, thrashed Shivika Burman 6-0, 6-2.
Soujanya Bavishetti beat Rishika Sunkara 6-7 (5), 7-5, 4-0 in a long-drawn affair, while Rutuja Bhosale, who had an injury earlier in the day, put put a strong fight to record a 6-2, 6-3 win over Prarthana Thombare.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP wins 82 seats in nail-biting finish, Shiv Sena 84; Uddhav, Fadnavis non-committal on alliance
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena leads in Mumbai but BJP the big winner
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017: Shiv Sena wins, BJP runners-up