Vishnu, Saketh enter semifinals of National Tennis C`ship
New Delhi: Vishnu Vardhan and Saketh Myneni stormed into the semi-finals of men`s singles event of the Fenesta National tennis championship here at the DLTA stadium.
The athletic and sturdy Vishnu had an easy outing as he outplayed S V Abhishek 6-2, 6-3 in the quarter-finals. He hardly made any unforced errors.
Myneni, the Andhra boy, played a solid game to down Vijay Prashanth 6-3, 6-1.
Meanwhile, Delhi teenager Yuki Bhambri also did not have to stretch himself as he outsmart Ankit Sachdeva 6-1, 6-3.
In the women`s section, Isha Lakhani once again showed that her hunger for success is not yet over. Up against the seasoned Sheetal Goutham, Isha came from a set down to register 4-6, 6-2, 6- 3 victory.
"It has been an exciting run for me. I am enjoying this run," said Isha.
Rushmi Chakravarthy, 34, who has been part of the national circuit for almost two decades now, thrashed Shivika Burman 6-0, 6-2.
Soujanya Bavishetti beat Rishika Sunkara 6-7 (5), 7-5, 4-0 in a long-drawn affair, while Rutuja Bhosale, who had an injury earlier in the day, put put a strong fight to record a 6-2, 6-3 win over Prarthana Thombare.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon