Vishnu, Saketh enter semifinals of National Tennis C`ship
New Delhi: Vishnu Vardhan and Saketh Myneni stormed into the semi-finals of men`s singles event of the Fenesta National tennis championship here at the DLTA stadium.
The athletic and sturdy Vishnu had an easy outing as he outplayed S V Abhishek 6-2, 6-3 in the quarter-finals. He hardly made any unforced errors.
Myneni, the Andhra boy, played a solid game to down Vijay Prashanth 6-3, 6-1.
Meanwhile, Delhi teenager Yuki Bhambri also did not have to stretch himself as he outsmart Ankit Sachdeva 6-1, 6-3.
In the women`s section, Isha Lakhani once again showed that her hunger for success is not yet over. Up against the seasoned Sheetal Goutham, Isha came from a set down to register 4-6, 6-2, 6- 3 victory.
"It has been an exciting run for me. I am enjoying this run," said Isha.
Rushmi Chakravarthy, 34, who has been part of the national circuit for almost two decades now, thrashed Shivika Burman 6-0, 6-2.
Soujanya Bavishetti beat Rishika Sunkara 6-7 (5), 7-5, 4-0 in a long-drawn affair, while Rutuja Bhosale, who had an injury earlier in the day, put put a strong fight to record a 6-2, 6-3 win over Prarthana Thombare.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand