Vishnu Vardhan`s long wait for title continues
Chandigarh: The opportunity to win his first ITF Futures title in 20 months was lost when Vishnu Vardhan suffered a straight set defeat at the hands of Dutch player Antal Van der Duim in USD 10,000 men`s tournament, here on Saturday.
Unseeded Vishnu lost 5-7 3-6 to his opponent in the summit clash to end runner-up at the CLTA stadium.
En route to the final, Vishnu had knocked out top seed Jeevan Nedunchenzhiyan and third seed N Sriram Balaji.
Vishnu last won an ITF Futures title in June 2012. He had won back-to-back titles in Bangalore and Mysore in 2012.
Duim though succeeded in ending his title drought. The Dutch had won his last title in April 2012.
Duim earned 18 ranking points for winning today`s final while Vishnu got 10.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday