Vishnu Vardhan`s long wait for title continues
Chandigarh: The opportunity to win his first ITF Futures title in 20 months was lost when Vishnu Vardhan suffered a straight set defeat at the hands of Dutch player Antal Van der Duim in USD 10,000 men`s tournament, here on Saturday.
Unseeded Vishnu lost 5-7 3-6 to his opponent in the summit clash to end runner-up at the CLTA stadium.
En route to the final, Vishnu had knocked out top seed Jeevan Nedunchenzhiyan and third seed N Sriram Balaji.
Vishnu last won an ITF Futures title in June 2012. He had won back-to-back titles in Bangalore and Mysore in 2012.
Duim though succeeded in ending his title drought. The Dutch had won his last title in April 2012.
Duim earned 18 ranking points for winning today`s final while Vishnu got 10.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE 10th Result 2016, Class X Results 2016 (cbse.nic.in) to be declared on May 30 not today on May 27 or May 28
- Whoa! Kareena Kapoor Khan gets bigger role in Sonam Kapoor's 'Veera Di Shaadi'?
- Faux pas: Ghaziabad cops verify Rahul Gandhi as a driver residing in Indirapuram
- 'Naagin' should have second season: Arjun Bijlani
- IPL 9: AB de Villiers recalls 'the gamble' that paid off vs Gujarat Lions during 79-run knock