Vishnu Vardhan`s long wait for title continues
Chandigarh: The opportunity to win his first ITF Futures title in 20 months was lost when Vishnu Vardhan suffered a straight set defeat at the hands of Dutch player Antal Van der Duim in USD 10,000 men`s tournament, here on Saturday.
Unseeded Vishnu lost 5-7 3-6 to his opponent in the summit clash to end runner-up at the CLTA stadium.
En route to the final, Vishnu had knocked out top seed Jeevan Nedunchenzhiyan and third seed N Sriram Balaji.
Vishnu last won an ITF Futures title in June 2012. He had won back-to-back titles in Bangalore and Mysore in 2012.
Duim though succeeded in ending his title drought. The Dutch had won his last title in April 2012.
Duim earned 18 ranking points for winning today`s final while Vishnu got 10.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why