Wawrinka, Raonic cruise into last 16 at Miami
Miami: Australian Open champion Stanislas Wawrinka booked his spot in the fourth round of the Sony Open on Monday with a no-nonsense 7-5 6-4 win over Frenchman Edouard Roger-Vasselin.
The result matches the third-seeded Swiss`s best effort in six visits to Miami and sets up a last 16 meeting with Ukraine`s Alexander Dolgopolov, who was a 3-6 6-0 7-6 (7-5) winner over Serb Dusan Lajovic.
Canadian 12th seed Milos Raonic blasted his way into the fourth round with 6-1 6-2 win over Spain`s Guillermo Garcia-Lopez in 56 minutes.
Raonic, who exited the Miami tournament in the third round with injuries the last two years, has had no fitness concerns this year, firing 10 aces and surrendering just five points on his serve to Garcia-Lopez.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed