We`ll do our best, says Indonesia non-playing captain
Bangalore: They might have lost to India every time they had faced them, but the Indonesians are keen on turning the tables this time around when they take on the hosts in the Asia Oceania Group I relegation tie, to be played here from April 5 to 7.
"I wish India fielded the same team that they put up against South Korea!," joked Hendri Susilo Pramono, Indonesia`s non-playing captain.
"They are fielding a full strength team, but we are not worried and we will do our best," added Pramono, who last played for his country in 2005.
Pramono said India would be under as much pressure as Indonesia with "this being the relegation play off".
"That should be working on their mind," he said.
He revealed that Indonesia`s national champion, Christopher Rungkat will be their key players.
"Our boys will play their natural game and we will decide on the exact composition soon, and of course, Christopher Rungkat, who is our National champion, will be our key player in this tie," he informed.
Pramono said barring the altitude, the conditions are similar to that of their country.
"The courts are good and we don`t mind playing under lights. In a way that is good for us as there will be less heat and all our players are used to playing under lights.
"My message to them is simple...Don`t get overawed, just go and play your best shot," said Pramono.
Rungkat, who was a semi-finalist at a USD 10,000 event in Vietnam last week, said, "I am no stranger to India and I have played here before and look forward to a good tie here."
Asked whether he would prefer to play Sanam Singh again, as he had lost to him last month in Australia, Rungkat said, "Why not? May be I would beat him this time."
Apart from Rungkat, Elbert Sie, Wisnu Adi Nugroho and David Agung Sustanto, will be taking on the Indian team at the KSLTA Stadium here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy