Boris Becker backs Djokovic for US Open triumph
Boris Becker on Sunday backed Novak Djokovic to add a second US Open to his Wimbledon title after seeing the Serb clinch a thrilling 6-7 (7/9), 6-4, 7-6 (7/4), 5-7, 6-4 final victory over Roger Federer.
Djokovic`s win followed his 2011 All England Club title and ended a streak of three losing Grand Slam final appearances.
"We`re looking pretty good now -- he`s back to number one, Wimbledon champion, obviously he`s going to take a couple of weeks off now but the next big one is the US Open," Becker, who coaches Djokovic told the Press Association.
"He lost in the final to Rafael Nadal there last year so hopefully he can go one better."
Becker, a three-time champion at Wimbledon in his playing days, hailed Djokovic for carving out victory after he had thrown away a 5-2 lead in the fourth set as well as a match point.
"He had that match point, he served for the fourth set, but Roger wouldn`t be Roger if he wouldn`t always find another shot.
"We were all dying out there, keeping it cool from the outside, but burning up inside."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth