Internet dating? I`m not that desperate, says Wozniacki
Caroline Wozniacki laughed off suggestions that she should try and find love on the internet after being dumped by Rory McIlroy.
Golf superstar McIlroy broke off their engagement after getting cold feet over wedding plans which left 23-year-old Wozniacki nursing a broken heart and in a state of shock when it was revealed at the French Open that the pair`s romance was ended in a brief phone call.
But the former world number one was in a brighter mood on Tuesday after making the Wimbledon second round with a 6-3, 6-0 win over Israel`s Shahar Peer.
She shuddered at the thought of web dating.
"I think I`m not that desperate," she said.
"I`ll just see what happens. I`m perfectly fine being single at the moment. It`s pretty hard to sweep me off my feet. It would have to take someone very special. I guess when you least expect it, it`s going to come. Right now I`m just into my tennis. And playing here, it`s great. That`s what I`m focused on."
Wozniacki may be concentrating on her tennis but she she did have time to notice Spanish tennis hunk Feliciano Lopez -- once nicknamed `Deliciano` by Andy Murray`s mother -- watching her from the sidelines on Court 12.
Lopez was on the same court as Wozniacki later Tuesday to play his first round match with Japan`s Yuichi Sugita.
"Yeah. I noticed he was on the sidelines in Eastbourne. He`s a great guy. Playing well....this is very awkward," she admitted.
In the immediate aftermath of her break-up with McIlroy, Wozniacki got on with her life joining close friend Serena Williams at the NBA basketball finals in Miami.
"Serena is a great girl. She is an amazing friend. She`s always been there for me whenever I`ve needed her. It`s great that you have such an amazing competitor, very professional athlete," said Wozniacki.
"After everything that she`s achieved in her professional career, as well, that she finds time. She wants to help out a friend who needs it sometimes. You know, it`s just nice to have good people around you.
"She`s loyal and she`s there for you when you need her. She`s fun to hang around. That`s something that I think is very important in a friend."
Wozniacki, who has yet to progress beyond the fourth round at Wimbledon, will face Britain`s Naomi Broady for a place in the last 32.
However, she admitted she knew little about a player who had her tennis federation funding cut six years ago and has been making her way through the sport`s lower tiers under her own steam ever since.
"I know what she looks like," was Wozniacki`s sole crumb of information.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- Sterling, stocks skid as Brexit result agonisingly close
- REVEALED: Anil Kumble's first message to India captains Mahendra Singh Dhoni, Virat Kohli after appointment
- 'Mirzya' trailer alert! Harshvardhan Kapoor spells enchanting cast in a splendid tale by Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra
- RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat to share dais with Leonardo DiCaprio in UK: Reports
- Oops! Salman Khan mocks Hollywood return Priyanka Chopra and Deepika Padukone, but WHY?