Jack Sock, Vasek Pospisil triumph in men`s doubles final at Wimbledon
London: American tennis ace Jack Sock and Canada`s Vasek Pospisil won the men`s doubles final at Wimbledon after defeating the Bryan brothers in five long sets.
Sock and Pospisil, who only signed up days before the draw, eventually won 7-6 (7-5), 6-7 (3-7), 6-4, 3-6, 7-5 in just over three hours against Bob and Mike Bryan .
According to the BBC, Sock and Pospisil are ranked 99 and 94 respectively in the world doubles rankings and claimed their first title together.
Top seeds Bob and Mike were reportedly seeking their 16th Grand Slam title.
The Bryan brothers were seeking their 99th career title, but the youngsters kept their nerve to secure their first title as a pairing, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter