Jack Sock, Vasek Pospisil triumph in men`s doubles final at Wimbledon
London: American tennis ace Jack Sock and Canada`s Vasek Pospisil won the men`s doubles final at Wimbledon after defeating the Bryan brothers in five long sets.
Sock and Pospisil, who only signed up days before the draw, eventually won 7-6 (7-5), 6-7 (3-7), 6-4, 3-6, 7-5 in just over three hours against Bob and Mike Bryan .
According to the BBC, Sock and Pospisil are ranked 99 and 94 respectively in the world doubles rankings and claimed their first title together.
Top seeds Bob and Mike were reportedly seeking their 16th Grand Slam title.
The Bryan brothers were seeking their 99th career title, but the youngsters kept their nerve to secure their first title as a pairing, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details