Navratilova questions Williams sudden withdrawal from Wimbledon
Sydney: Martina Navratilova, the nine-time Wimbledon champion questioned Serena Williams` sudden move to withdraw from the female doubles tournament.
Serena William claimed that she had been ill because of a serious virus infection, News.com.au reported.
Navratilova said in a statement that she hoped Williams would be okay but she also refused to believe that the World No. 1 had been seriously ill. She added that Williams should have withdrawn before the match had started.
Navratilova was amazed that people had not stopped Williams from getting on to the court while she had been sick.
She also accused the coach of being unaware about Williams since he had not seen her since two days.
Virus had not been the case with Williams, Navratilova added further.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore