Navratilova questions Williams sudden withdrawal from Wimbledon
Sydney: Martina Navratilova, the nine-time Wimbledon champion questioned Serena Williams` sudden move to withdraw from the female doubles tournament.
Serena William claimed that she had been ill because of a serious virus infection, News.com.au reported.
Navratilova said in a statement that she hoped Williams would be okay but she also refused to believe that the World No. 1 had been seriously ill. She added that Williams should have withdrawn before the match had started.
Navratilova was amazed that people had not stopped Williams from getting on to the court while she had been sick.
She also accused the coach of being unaware about Williams since he had not seen her since two days.
Virus had not been the case with Williams, Navratilova added further.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families? - Part II
- DNA: Who are the sponsors and co-sponsors of terrorism in India?
- DNA: Who are the sponsors and co-sponsors of terrorism in India? Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the mystery of missing IAF aircraft AN-32
- HUGE HONOUR! PM Narendra Modi featured in Obama's DNC introduction video - WATCH
- NASA reveals new information on Sun's magnetic field and its kin!
- Argentine FA hope for Lionel Messi international U-turn
- Sebastian Vettel confident of Ferrari future despite James Allison exit
- Paes story: Seven-up Leander has Olympic Games in blood