Navratilova questions Williams sudden withdrawal from Wimbledon
Sydney: Martina Navratilova, the nine-time Wimbledon champion questioned Serena Williams` sudden move to withdraw from the female doubles tournament.
Serena William claimed that she had been ill because of a serious virus infection, News.com.au reported.
Navratilova said in a statement that she hoped Williams would be okay but she also refused to believe that the World No. 1 had been seriously ill. She added that Williams should have withdrawn before the match had started.
Navratilova was amazed that people had not stopped Williams from getting on to the court while she had been sick.
She also accused the coach of being unaware about Williams since he had not seen her since two days.
Virus had not been the case with Williams, Navratilova added further.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption