Only whites at Wimbledon, even the undies!
London: Wimbledon organisers have announced a crackdown on players aiming to sneak colours into their outfits over the next two weeks, extending right down to their underwear.
Under the new guidelines, players might only break up their all-white outfits with a coloured trim of 1cm width and even then it should only be on the edge of a garment.
According to News.com.au, the new rules also includes underwear and items that become visible during play due to perspiration, which means no coloured bras as well.
If a player is found breaking the rules, they would be sent to the referees` office where a supply of `suitable clothing` would be given to them to change.
Wimbledon spokesman Jon Friend said that the rule was in place last year but not strongly enforced and that is about to change this year.
Friend said that there is now a clarification and if there was a question in years gone by those questions have been well and truly answered.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’