Stosur and Zimonjic claim mixed doubles title
Fifteenth seeds Samantha Stosur and Nenad Zimonjic claimed the mixed doubles title with a 6-4 6-2 win against 14th seeds Chan Hao-Ching of Taiwan and Max Mirnyi of Belarus at Wimbledon on Sunday in the final match of the 2014 championships.
For Australian Stosur, who exited the women`s single draw in the first round, it was a second Wimbledon title after she won in 2008 with Bob Bryan.
Zimonjic is part of Serbia`s Davis Cup team and had earlier watched team mate Novak Djokovic claim the men`s singles title before laying claim to some silverware of his own on Centre Court.
"This was kind of a feeling like playing the Davis Cup, watching Novak play and then being ready to step on the court," Zimonjic said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt