Stosur and Zimonjic claim mixed doubles title
Fifteenth seeds Samantha Stosur and Nenad Zimonjic claimed the mixed doubles title with a 6-4 6-2 win against 14th seeds Chan Hao-Ching of Taiwan and Max Mirnyi of Belarus at Wimbledon on Sunday in the final match of the 2014 championships.
For Australian Stosur, who exited the women`s single draw in the first round, it was a second Wimbledon title after she won in 2008 with Bob Bryan.
Zimonjic is part of Serbia`s Davis Cup team and had earlier watched team mate Novak Djokovic claim the men`s singles title before laying claim to some silverware of his own on Centre Court.
"This was kind of a feeling like playing the Davis Cup, watching Novak play and then being ready to step on the court," Zimonjic said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre