Stosur and Zimonjic claim mixed doubles title
Fifteenth seeds Samantha Stosur and Nenad Zimonjic claimed the mixed doubles title with a 6-4 6-2 win against 14th seeds Chan Hao-Ching of Taiwan and Max Mirnyi of Belarus at Wimbledon on Sunday in the final match of the 2014 championships.
For Australian Stosur, who exited the women`s single draw in the first round, it was a second Wimbledon title after she won in 2008 with Bob Bryan.
Zimonjic is part of Serbia`s Davis Cup team and had earlier watched team mate Novak Djokovic claim the men`s singles title before laying claim to some silverware of his own on Centre Court.
"This was kind of a feeling like playing the Davis Cup, watching Novak play and then being ready to step on the court," Zimonjic said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town