With Somdev`s exit, Indian challenge ends at Chennai Open
Chennai: The Indian challenge ended at the Chennai Open tournament today with Somdev Devvarman and his Ukrainian partner Sergiy Stakhovsky losing their doubles quarterfinal match to Thai brothers Sanchal and Sonchat Ratiwatana in straight sets.
The Indian-Ukrainian pair lost 3-6, 5-7 to the Thai twins in 66 minutes past midnight.
In the semi finals tomorrow, Ratiwatana brothers take on Germans Andre Begemann and Martin Emmrich and Benoit Paire of France and Stanislas Wawrinka (Sui) play Raven Klaasen (Rus) and Nicholas Monroe (USA).
With Devvarman`s loss, the Indian challenge came to an end at the tournament.
Yesterday, the top seeded pair of Mahesh Bhupathi and Canadian Daniel Nestor was ousted from the tournament with a 4-6, 5-7 shock defeat at the hands of the unseeded Russian -American pair of Raveen Klaasen and Nicholas Monroe in their doubles quarterfinal.
Rohan Bopanna and Rajiv Ram also crashed out in the quarter-finals against Stanislas Wawrinka and Benoit Paire. Before this Paire and Wawrinka had ousted Indian pair of Sanam Singh and Vishnu Vardhan.
Leander Paes had also suffered a shock first round exit with Edouard Roger-Vasselin of France against the Ratiwatana brothers.
India`s challenge had already ended in the singles.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog