Wozniacki eases into 2nd round at Australian Open
Melbourne: Top-seeded Caroline Wozniacki made light of concerns over a wrist injury to beat Anastasia Rodionova of Australia 6-2, 6-1 in the first round of the Australian Open on Monday.
Wozniacki hurt her left wrist in a quarterfinal loss at the Sydney International last week, but the injury didn`t appear to trouble her against Rodionova.
Wozniacki is seeking her first Grand Slam title and must reach at least the fourth round at Melbourne Park to hold on to her top ranking.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!