Wozniacki eases into 2nd round at Australian Open
Melbourne: Top-seeded Caroline Wozniacki made light of concerns over a wrist injury to beat Anastasia Rodionova of Australia 6-2, 6-1 in the first round of the Australian Open on Monday.
Wozniacki hurt her left wrist in a quarterfinal loss at the Sydney International last week, but the injury didn`t appear to trouble her against Rodionova.
Wozniacki is seeking her first Grand Slam title and must reach at least the fourth round at Melbourne Park to hold on to her top ranking.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC