Wozniacki eases into 2nd round at Australian Open
Melbourne: Top-seeded Caroline Wozniacki made light of concerns over a wrist injury to beat Anastasia Rodionova of Australia 6-2, 6-1 in the first round of the Australian Open on Monday.
Wozniacki hurt her left wrist in a quarterfinal loss at the Sydney International last week, but the injury didn`t appear to trouble her against Rodionova.
Wozniacki is seeking her first Grand Slam title and must reach at least the fourth round at Melbourne Park to hold on to her top ranking.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre