Wozniacki eases into 2nd round at Australian Open
Melbourne: Top-seeded Caroline Wozniacki made light of concerns over a wrist injury to beat Anastasia Rodionova of Australia 6-2, 6-1 in the first round of the Australian Open on Monday.
Wozniacki hurt her left wrist in a quarterfinal loss at the Sydney International last week, but the injury didn`t appear to trouble her against Rodionova.
Wozniacki is seeking her first Grand Slam title and must reach at least the fourth round at Melbourne Park to hold on to her top ranking.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- After IITs, HRD Ministry hikes fees in NITs, IISERs
- Was Test captain Virat Kohli overruled by BCCI, CAC in India coach appointment?
- Swami Prasad Maurya is a traitor: Mayawati
- Gold slips from 26-month high, down Rs 485 on fall in demand
- Watch this video! Your stomach will churn as man puts 2 live vampire bats in mouth