Wozniacki fires coach after losing top spot
Copenhagen: Former world number one women’s tennis player Caroline Wozniacki has reportedly fired her coach after losing her top ranking.
Trainer Ricardo Sanchez was fired just two months after landing the job with Wozniacki.
The Danish star is now ranked number four after losing to Belgian Kim Clijsters in the Australian Open quarter-final.
Wozniacki’s father and her former coach Piotr Wozniacki believes she didn’t get anything new from Sanchez, and both found it difficult to cooperate with each other.
“Caroline does not believe she got fresh impetus out of it,” said Piotr Wozniacki.
“At the same time, Ricardo found it difficult to be a part of the cooperation that Caroline and I have had for many years. He would rather have worked (with Caroline Wozniacki) by himself,” he added.
Reports in Danish media claim that Sanchez was informed about his dismissal following Wozniacki’s exit from the Australian Open. “We had agreed to evaluate our partnership at this point, and we agreed to end it,” said Piotr Wozniacki.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!