Wozniacki fires coach after losing top spot
Copenhagen: Former world number one women’s tennis player Caroline Wozniacki has reportedly fired her coach after losing her top ranking.
Trainer Ricardo Sanchez was fired just two months after landing the job with Wozniacki.
The Danish star is now ranked number four after losing to Belgian Kim Clijsters in the Australian Open quarter-final.
Wozniacki’s father and her former coach Piotr Wozniacki believes she didn’t get anything new from Sanchez, and both found it difficult to cooperate with each other.
“Caroline does not believe she got fresh impetus out of it,” said Piotr Wozniacki.
“At the same time, Ricardo found it difficult to be a part of the cooperation that Caroline and I have had for many years. He would rather have worked (with Caroline Wozniacki) by himself,” he added.
Reports in Danish media claim that Sanchez was informed about his dismissal following Wozniacki’s exit from the Australian Open. “We had agreed to evaluate our partnership at this point, and we agreed to end it,” said Piotr Wozniacki.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"
- JNU protest: Kejriwal hits out at PM Modi, says targetting innocents will prove costly to him