Wozniacki Ousts Makarova to reach final in Seoul
Seoul: World No.11 Caroline Wozniacki of Denmark dispatched Russia`s Ekaterina Makarova to reach the final of the Korea Open tennis here.
Wozniacki, the top seed at the $500,000 tournament, claimed a 6-1, 5-7, 6-4 victory over the eighth-seeded Makarova in almost two and a half hours on Saturday.
In the final, the 22-year-old Wozniacki faces Estonia`s third seed Kaia Kanepi, who beat Varvara Lepchenko of the United States 6-4, 2-6, 6-4 in their semi-final.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon wanted to meet his daughter before being hanged
- It's a canard that Kalam was reluctant to appoint Sonia Gandhi as PM: Manmohan Singh