Wozniacki Ousts Makarova to reach final in Seoul
Seoul: World No.11 Caroline Wozniacki of Denmark dispatched Russia`s Ekaterina Makarova to reach the final of the Korea Open tennis here.
Wozniacki, the top seed at the $500,000 tournament, claimed a 6-1, 5-7, 6-4 victory over the eighth-seeded Makarova in almost two and a half hours on Saturday.
In the final, the 22-year-old Wozniacki faces Estonia`s third seed Kaia Kanepi, who beat Varvara Lepchenko of the United States 6-4, 2-6, 6-4 in their semi-final.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Islamic State bombings in southern Yemen kill 38
- UK pensions minister Crabb considering bid to succeed PM Cameron: Report
- Special panel on India's NSG membership bid? We're not aware, says China
- Ruby Rai, Bihar Class 12 topper now under arrest for cheating, says she never wanted to top the exam
- Euro 2016: Iceland stun England in one of greatest ever shocks