Wozniacki Ousts Makarova to reach final in Seoul
Seoul: World No.11 Caroline Wozniacki of Denmark dispatched Russia`s Ekaterina Makarova to reach the final of the Korea Open tennis here.
Wozniacki, the top seed at the $500,000 tournament, claimed a 6-1, 5-7, 6-4 victory over the eighth-seeded Makarova in almost two and a half hours on Saturday.
In the final, the 22-year-old Wozniacki faces Estonia`s third seed Kaia Kanepi, who beat Varvara Lepchenko of the United States 6-4, 2-6, 6-4 in their semi-final.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list