Wozniacki to get wildcard for Kremlin Cup
Moscow: Former World No.1 Caroline Wozniacki is to be granted a wildcard for the Kremlin Cup tennis tournament here next month.
Wozniacki ended last year as World No.1 but has slipped to 11th after a disappointing 2012 season in which she suffered first-round exits at Wimbledon and the US Open and did not win a tournament until the Korea Open earlier this month.
"The titled tennis player is to be granted a wildcard," a website statement from the tournament organizers said Monday.
The Kremlin Cup is to take place Oct 15-21 with a prize purse of $740,000.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing