Wozniacki, Vinci to clash for Istanbul title
Istanbul: Top seed Caroline Wozniacki will tackle Roberta Vinci for the Istanbul WTA title on Sunday as the magical run of 16-year-old Ana Konjuh was ended at the semi-final stage.
Wozniacki made the final with a 6-2, 6-3 win over France`s Kristina Mladenovic while second-seeded Italian Vinci brushed aside Konjuh 6-4, 6-2.
Vinci had lost to Konjuh in the first round in Auckland this season in the pair`s only other previous meeting.
"The conditions were difficult out there today with the wind, so it made everything a little harder," Wozniacki said of her clash with Mladenovic.
"I just tried to stay focused and play my best tennis and I`m glad it worked out."
Vinci leads Wozniacki 2-1 in head-to-head meetings, including beating the Dane when she was ranked number one in 2011 and also winning their only 2014 encounter.
Vinci is also on a roll, winning eight of nine matches since coming out of Wimbledon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today