Xu Xin, Liu Shiwen triumph at ITTF World Tour Finals
Hangzhou: Top seed Xu Xin and defending champion Liu Shiwen won the men`s and women`s singles titles, respectively, at the International Table Tennis Federation (ITTF) World Tour Grand Finals here.
Xu, 22, won Sunday`s final against Wang Hao in four straight games 11-8, 11-7, 11-6, 11-7 avenging his defeat that he suffered a year ago at the hands of Wang at the quarter-finals stage in London, Xinhua reports.
It is Xu`s first major title of his career. He collected $104,000 for this milestone victory, and Wang earned $52,000.
Liu retained the women`s crown beating compatriot Ding Ning in the championship match.
Liu recovered from a two game deficit to record a 9-11, 7-11, 11-9, 11-1, 11-7 win at the Zhejiang Huanglong Sports Center.
In the women`s doubles final, Singapore`s Feng Tianwei and Yu Mengyu, who qualified for the year-ending tournament after Romanian pair Daniela Dodean and Elizabeta Samara pulled out, defeated second-seeded Cheng I-Ching and Huang Yi-Hua of Chinese Taipei 11-13, 11-13, 11-8, 11-4, 11-3, 5-11, 11-2.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog