Youzhny in second round of Stockholm Open
Stockholm: Russian tennis player Mikhail Youzhny completed a straight-sets victory over Brian Baker in the first round of the Stockholm Open here.
The sixth seed overcame the American doubles specialist 6-3, 6-1 in their first-ever encounter Monday.
Youzhny will play either Gael Monfils of France or local wild card Patrik Rosenholm in the second round.
Russia`s No.1 Youzhny opted to play in Stockholm instead of the Kremlin Cup in Moscow, which he won in 2009.
The prize fund of the Stockholm Open is more than 480,000 euros.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing