Yuki bows out of China Open qualifiers
Beijing: Young India Davis Cupper Yuki Bhambri stumbled at the first step of the ATP China Open qualifiers, losing in straight sets to Donald Young, here.
Unseeded Yuki lost 3-6 2-6 to his seventh seed American rival in the first round of the qualifying event.
Yuki had his chances in the second set but could not convert any of his three breakpoints.
In the doubles event of the ATP 500 tournament, the Indian pair of Mahesh Bhupathi and Rohan Bopanna will open their campaign against local wild card pair of Mao-Xin Gong and Ze Zhang.
At the Japan Open in Tokyo, India`s Leander Paes and his Czech partner Radek Stepanek have been given the top billing. They face Austria`s Julian Knowle and Slovakia`s Filip Polasek.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing