Yuki bows out of China Open qualifiers
Beijing: Young India Davis Cupper Yuki Bhambri stumbled at the first step of the ATP China Open qualifiers, losing in straight sets to Donald Young, here.
Unseeded Yuki lost 3-6 2-6 to his seventh seed American rival in the first round of the qualifying event.
Yuki had his chances in the second set but could not convert any of his three breakpoints.
In the doubles event of the ATP 500 tournament, the Indian pair of Mahesh Bhupathi and Rohan Bopanna will open their campaign against local wild card pair of Mao-Xin Gong and Ze Zhang.
At the Japan Open in Tokyo, India`s Leander Paes and his Czech partner Radek Stepanek have been given the top billing. They face Austria`s Julian Knowle and Slovakia`s Filip Polasek.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!